On Friday, my boss pulls me into a meeting at 11:00 and informs me that I going to be doing my job in another entity. Same job, different department (they are down two people and hemorrhaging work). I have to say, it was a mix of emotions--yea, something new--boo, leaving behind some good people.
There are constants for sure things in life--taxes, death, and change. Resist as much as you like and change is going to happen. Change has always brought a mixed bag of tricks to me. I like it and am scared of it at the same time. I embrace the fact that change makes things different, but dislike that it makes things different. Does that make sense? I guess change that isn't my idea is the hardest for me. I will adjust, it will just take some time.
Thankfully, I am going to a very good, strong team and I already know one of my fellow peeps through my all time favorite person I work with in my current group, Walt. Time will tell on how I am going to handle this change, but at least I have a job...and in the meantime, still checking the career posting board at work every day.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yuck. Hang in there -- perhaps this change will be just what you need to feel refreshed. If not, I know you will make the best of it... or make whatever change is necessary to find happiness at work. Between this and your "what to do when I grow up" post, I can tell you're struggling with how to proceed. It'll come to you. You'll be marvelous at whatever you do! :)
I like your new blog design! And I hope things go well in your new area...like Katy said, maybe it will be just enough to feel refreshed because it's a little different. Hope it goes okay....when do you start?
Thanks for your words of encouragement, ladies. Alissa, it is official 8/1, but tht is a Saturday. My official move from my current desk to my new one will be on Wednesday.
Post a Comment