Today was my very first Mother's Day! It was a great day. First of all, it started with Sean getting up and taking care of Elizabeth this morning so that I could sleep in and catch a few more winks of sleep. Next, I was served breakfast in bed--yummy apple cinnamon muffins baked by Sean and Elizabeth. After lazing around in bed a bit longer, we all showered, changed, and then headed off to Fort Worth for some Joe T. Garcia's for lunch (a personal favorite of mine!). The weather was perfect for the patio and we had a fantastic lunch. For Mother's Day, Elizabeth gave me a set of TV trays. You ask, why in the world TV trays? Well, besides the obvious, I am planning on starting some scrapbooking/organizing of photos, ect and this will allow me to do it and watch some TV at the same time. Aww...yes, I think of these random things. It was a lovely day and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful daughter and husband who helps her come up with these wonderful Mother's Day surprises.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there who read this blog...and especially my Mom. I don't think you ever truly appreciate your mom and what they have done for you until you have been one yourself. While I do not have nearly the number of years on me as she has on her, I already have an appreciation for all that she has done, all that she continues to do, and all of the personal sacrifices that she has made over the years. Thank you!
1 comment:
You look so pretty, Kristin! And I can't believe Elizabeth was sleeping through all of those pictures! What a cutie. Glad you had a fun first Mother's Day....
Post a Comment