Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Aww…A Long Weekend

It absolutely amazes me and befundles (I think I just made that word up) that Memorial Day weekend has already come and gone. As you look at a calendar after January 1st, it feels like forever before you get another National holiday off…and then before you know it, Memorial Day is here. Know what else that means? If you live in Texas, you will begin to sweat…a lot…very very soon. Darn heat!
Regardless of it all, I was quite happy to have the extra day off from work. Sean and I did not make any big plans this year—he wanted to, but I was all about a low key weekend. So here is our low-key weekend in review.
Friday: Ginger got a haircut! And did she ever! She is not shaved like what Sean wanted to do to her, but all of her feathers are gone and she looks better than she did! We had pancakes for dinner—mine had chocolate chips, a personal favorite. I finished the last few pages of my “Marie Antoinette: A Journey” and Sean had hockey practice at 11:30. Elizabeth and I decided it would be a good thing for us to stay home and get our beauty sleep. That was nice.


Saturday: We ran errands, picked up the house some, laundry, rented a movie (Milk) and had Scotty P’s for dinner.

Sunday: Sean and I finally joined the church we have been attending for over a year (Custer Road United Methodist Church). Yeah, we know it took awhile, but we finally took the plunge. We had intended to join before Elizabeth was born but then I was put on bed rest and that ended that. Juggling Elizabeth’s sleep schedule (or lack thereof for Sean and I) and eating schedule around church has definitely proved to be more difficult than we originally though. Hopefully, we will get it all figured out very soon.

Sunday afternoon, Sean’s parents came over to babysit Elizabeth while we ran off to lunch and a movie. The movie was “Angels and Demon” and I highly recommend both the movie and the book. Nothing beats the book, but the movie actually followed the movie fairly close and I was pleased to see the casting for the characters. Go and see it as it was better than the DiVinci Code as well!
After the movie, Sean grilled steaks and made twiced backed potatoes for us for dinner. To top the meal off, crème brule for dessert, furnished by my father-in-law. Yummy! Then after we put Elizabeth to bed, Sean made a fire in the fire pit and we sat on the back porch and chatted. That was nice.


Monday: More laundry, errands, and I watched a documentary called “The Business of Being Born” recommended by my friend, Lacy. She has been wanting my opinion on it for quite sometime now, so I feel informed to give it to her. And perhaps that will be the subject of another blog. I found it very thought provoking.

While it was not a super exciting weekend, it was just nice to have an extra day off of work to recuperate a little bit! Now it is off to start another week or work and school. Thank goodness it is a short week!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ahhhhh! So many movie recommendations and so little time. This summer looks to be a good one for movies. Good to hear you liked Angels and Demons. I'm always up for a Tom Hanks flick.

katy said...

Gracious, you've been busy! Glad that Angels and Demons was better than DaVinci Code. I was pretty disappointed with that movie. But I liked both books. And I'll look forward to your post on The Business of Being Born. Haven't watched it myself yet -- mostly because I feel like I know exactly what it's going to say and exactly how it's going to say it. Maybe that's not fair, but it's true.