Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Let me tell you about the romantic Valentine's Day we had in the Kier household this weekend. First of all, my mom was in town and the most romantic thing that Sean and I did was take a much needed nap together. Aww...it was nice...and who cares about romance when you just need sleep!

Sean like most men in the world does not believe that Valentine's Day is a holiday and that it is a Hallmark holiday. He does not get why he has to be romantic on that one day of the year. Never the less, he does humor me to a certain degree. I know that I may never get flowers on V-Day, but I do know that he loves me despite the fact that this isn't a holiday. When we came back from Europe two years ago, I had fallen in love with Belgian chocolate (if you have never had any, run, don't walk to get it---you will never want to eat Hershey's again) and told him that for Valentine's Day every year, he was off the hook if he imported Belgian chocolate in from my favorite chocolatier, Neuhaus. Well, he listened and that is exactly what I received this year...and I could not have been happier about it! As Sean is a cookie monster and his great dessert of a time are chocolate chip cookies, especially from the Great American Cookie Company, that is what I got him. Unfortunately, he had to go and pick up his own Valentine this year since I still can not drive....I didn't hear him complain though.


Regardless of what you did on your Valentine's Day, I hope you got to spend it with someone special!

2 comments:

katy said...

I can't think of anything better than a nap. Chocolate does come close.

Sara said...

Mmm... I've never had Belgian chocolates and will definitely have to try them out. Yup - a nap and chocolate sounds pretty close to heaven!