Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two Hearts

As promised, I'm back with a little tidbit before I attempt yet another night at sleep...I say that very sarcastically as my little one thinks she is night owl. We are working on that...
I have to devote a blog to my sweet husband, Sean. He has done more for me than I could ever imagine and still continues to to help me out in ways I never dreamed. We always knew that healing from having Elizabeth was not going to be a walk in the park, but then you throw the C-Section in and that is just a whole other ball of wax that we were not prepared for. Sean has taken me to the bathroom, helped me bathe, dress, give me my medicine, and most importantly of all, held my hands and has said that everything was going to be okay as I lay in excruciating pain. He has not only stepped up to the plate, but keeps knocking them out of the park. On top of it all, he is an excellent father, doing what he can to keep our home clean, and taking care of Elizabeth by burping her, dressing her, and he has changed more than his fair share of dirty diapers too!
I do not know if I have ever truly appreciated my husband until this life experience. And for that....I could not ask for anything more and I truly know what love is....




On our second night in the hospital, Sean gave me this beautiful necklace to commemorate the birth of our Elizabeth. It is beautiful...and that is my wedding band I am wearing with it since it still does not fit my finger.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kristin-
My mom had C-sections with all of us and she says the magic number is 10... 10 days and all of a sudden you feel so much better... so if that gives you something to look forward to- 10
melissa

katy said...

Way to go, Sean!!