After a fun-filled weekend in Bryan-College Station and the Houston area, we trekked back up to Friscohoma right at lunch time. We quickly unloaded the car, refrigerated the milk, and brought Raider in the house so that we could quickly do a little lunch and shopping before Elizabeth went down for an nap.
On the road, Sean and I decided that Scholtzky's would be an excellent choice for lunch as neither of us had been there in quite some time. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as the food is brought to us, Elizabeth's portion cut up and presented to her, she tells us she has to poopie. Uh oh. There is no more eating for her as the only thing she can do is the potty dance. The next thing you know, she has taken care of her business and that means that someone has to change her. I volunteer to take this one for the team so I go into the ladies room on a reconnaissance mission to see if they have a changing table. They do not. Elizabeth saw me leave though and well, she didn't like it. As I was headed out of the ladies room from my mission, I turn the corner and at the other end of the restaurant, my daughter is standing there, yelling, and I quote, "Mommy, I poopied in my panties!" It was for the benefit of the WHOLE entire restaurant. And I just stand there, smile at her, take her hand, and head out to the car to change her diaper right then and there. I may have been a little red in the face, but well, this is what I signed up for.... Now if only I can convince her to poopie in her potty....
Monday, August 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL...oh my. I hope you at least got to get a new hot sandwich to go. Because um....I love Schlotzsky's and that would be an awful waste.
Too funny.
Best,
Tina
Ha! If there were other parents in there, I'm sure they had a good laugh. But only because they've been there too!
The joys of motherhood.
You should see the look on Laura's face whenever I do that in Schlotzsky's.
Post a Comment