Thursday, August 11, 2011

Best of What's Around

I had the pleasure of taking a little road trip this past weekend with the lovely Summer to Austin, Texas.  It was a let's-get-away-and-have-no-plans kind of experiment that worked out just lovely in my opinion.  You see, both of us are Type-A personality people, and well, you know us Type-Aers...planners, planners, planners is what we are and what we do best. Needless to say going out on a little road trip with only two things on the agenda is a rare thing for us.  We knew that we wanted to eat at Kerby Lane Cafe and that we wanted to see the lovely Sara.


With only two items on our agenda, that left us plenty of time to come up with other things to do.  A lot of the weekend was spent talking, shopping, seeing a movie ("Friends With Benefits"--hilarious!), eating (my favorite activity), and cruising around Austin.  It was perfect. 

Summer and I also saw Sara's new home, where I got to see my room.  Drool.  Sara's husband, said that the letters for my name were on order.  Sweet. 

My favorite part of the weekend was catching up with some of the amazing women in my life who never cease to amaze me.  I wish we all lived closer.  Maybe one day when we are old ladies wearing funny hats....A little big girl time was just what I needed and I can not hank these two ladies enough for being wonderful friends and listeners.  Till next time....

"Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters."--Dave Matthews Band

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "Best of What's Around"--Dave Matthews Band

6 comments:

Summer Says... said...

I agree whole-heartedly! I may just have to link your post from my blog as my weekend update. Who you are with makes all the difference. Love ya!

SmartBear said...

What a great quote...and a great trip! As a type A girl, I need to just get in the car and get lost. It would be good for me!
Best,
Tina

Sara said...

I LOVED seeing you gals and am grateful you invited this so-not-type-A person in on the fun! The pizza and Amy's were just icing on the cake.

And yes, the letters for your name are on order: they should be on the wall by the next time you come :)

katy said...

So jealous!! (but in a good way.) Glad you ladies had fun. Anyone have a cocktail for me this time?

Alissa said...

Fun! I miss you guys and am so excited to see you all in September! A weekend away is just what I need too.....I'm glad it was such a stress reliever for you guys!

Danielle said...

Getaways are so much fun! I'm so glad that you have a wonderful time with such dear friends!