Today my little baby, oops, now little girl, turned 2 and a half! Why are half birthdays such a big deal—especially to little kid? I have no idea, but for me, it has been a bit of a milestone as after today, she will be closer to a three year old than a 2 year old little girl. It is bittersweet as I sit and write this post. My little girl is so much more of a little girl than a baby. To me, she isn’t even really a toddler any more, she’s just my girl.
So here is where we are at two and half…enjoy all the Elizabethisms, Sean and I certainly do….
• Words, words, words. I just taught her freckle and she loves to show us her one freckle that she has had almost since birth. It really is the cutest thing ever.
• Words have become sentences—and mostly questions. Here two favorites are, “What’s that noise?” and “What’s that?” I love it. I look forward to the conversations to come.
• Elizabeth is wearing big girl panties. Before you get too excited, she insists on wearing them over her diaper. We are getting closer to potty training but missing that one essential step of telling us BEFORE we potty and not after. She is really good at telling us she has to poop, but when we put her on the potty, nothing.
• Our stuffed animals make the best of friends, but at school, we love to play with baby dolls.
• Sesame Street and Barney (ugh, kill me now) are here favorite television shows. Her favorite part about Barney is the I love you, you love me song. She loves that song and insists that Sean sing it to her every night before she goes to bed. This is also a song that they sing at school and it has hand motions with hugs, and kisses too. It is so sweet.
• Elizabeth discovered that you can put things up your nose this past weekend. A pair of tweezers later, we removed the offending objects and was right as rain. Needless to say, we have had several conversations since how things do not go up our nose. I don’t think she has quite bought it just yet.
• Pony tails are the coolest thing ever! But wearing our rubber bands as bracelets is even cooler. Geez, didn’t you get the memo?
• Elizabeth’s new favorite fruit is blueberries and strawberries. Every morning, she has a fruit bowl with grapes, apples, and bananas in it too! Also, every morning we take a Gogurt to school with us. She loves those things and let me tell you, she will do anything for them!
• Elizabeth is still a daddy’s girl. Oh the love that a little girl has for her daddy. I think he is pretty cool too, but seriously, he does no wrong in her book.
• After her daddy’s own heart, she has invented a new sport. Didn’t you know? It is called hockeyball. Everything is hockeyball if it is played with a ball or a puck.
• Daddy took her to a Stars training camp about a month ago and now if you ask her about hockey she will tell you, “Hockey Loud.” I sometimes tell her, “Elizabeth Loud.” She never agrees with me.
• Elizabeth never wants to leave school. Great that she is happy there, but a pain in the butt to get her out of school to go home in a timely manner.
• Elizabeth knows her which foot is her left one and her right foot.
• Counting to 10. We sometimes skip numbers, but she loves to count to 10. Her favorite number is 2 in case you were wondering.
• Recognizing letters—the ones we know she knows for sure are A-B-C—of course.
• She has finally started saying her name. Halleluiah! I was starting to get worried with the mouthful we gave her.
• She thinks her Daddy’s iPad is hers as it has episodes of Sesame Street on it…and she knows what some of the buttons do. Scary and cool all at the same time.
• Elizabeth likes to help feed Raider. I don’t think Raider really cares for her to help as it usually delays her getting her food, but does not seem to mind when Elizabeth drops a few extra kibbles on the floor for her.
• We have been working on putting our dishes in the sink once we are finished eating. It is going well.
• The fridge. She actually knows where things go and where she can find the stuff we definitely do not want her into—like the cheese drawer.
• Latest favorite meal: hot dogs. Yep, the child loves a good dog.
• Balloons are the best treat.
• Every morning, Sean picks out her school outfit, but Elizabeth picks out her diaper, panties, and socks. Needless to say, our socks sometimes just do not match at all, but it is her decision. I’ll let her get away with it…
• In a nut shell, the world revolves around her. At least she thinks so and for the most part, it does in her Mommy and Daddy’s world as well.
Happy 2 and half my Elizabeth!
2 comments:
The last time you posted pictures, I was surprised by how much she has changed since May! She looks so much more like a little girl than a toddler. She is beautiful!
She has changed so much! And yes - I agree that she is so much more a little girl than a toddler!
By the way - you are awesome to let the mismatched socks go. Pick your battles, right?
Post a Comment