Monday, March 16, 2009

Thank you

To all of those who read the Calling All Moms blog, a big thank you. While our problems are not nearly solved, they are better and Sean and I truly think she is going through a stage as she is already sleeping better. Time will tell, of course. Just the peace of mind in knowing that we are, by far not the only ones going through this helps....and you all have calmed my guilty feelings of letting her sleep in her swing. Don't you just love all the of the books that tell you not to do it? I just ask, well, why don't you be the one to be up with my baby while she screams her little head off and is wide awake? Where are you then? Geez...

Hanging in there...

Thank you!

5 comments:

katy said...

Mmhmm. I read sooo many non-helpful books while I was pregnant. That would probably be my best advice to moms-to-be. Don't read the books. They just set you up to feel like a failure.

Anonymous said...

Have you ruled out reflux?
Angela

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Sara said in the "calling all Mom's" comments. I had success with Grant using similar techniques. Elizabeth's current behaviour is almost identical to Grant's except he did it 24/7, not just at night. I peronally believe in letting him cry it out, but waited till he was 8 weeks+ before I did that for any real length of time.
If you need a ear to whine to, give me a call.
Angela

Alissa said...

Yes, and every book about sleep disagrees with every other one, so you wonder if you're doing something wrong no matter what you do! Glad she seems to be doing a little better....

kelli said...

I would offer advice but it's been well covered and I'm too tired... we're so in this together my friend!!
I'll be sure to pray for you as well as I'm sitting up at night with my own little miss cranky pants:)