Today I ventured out of the house on my own with Elizabeth for the very first time to run errands. Granted, we have taken Daddy to the airport and other types of things, but this is the first time that I have ventured out on my own and had to lug the infant car seat carrier along for the ride. All I can say was that was a challenge and I am a little sore from it. You would swear that I carried it for hours on end, but no, we were only out a little over an hour. Sad, but true.
When I was put on bed rest at the beginning of January, I was told not to lift anything, stay in a seated or reclining position and not to do much of anything at all. And with all of that went my stamina to do anything. Fast forward to March and still healing from the C-Section, lifting Elizabeth and her carrier is quite a workout...and I think I am going to pay for it tonight...but it was nice to get out even if it was for just an hour or so.
Elizabeth in her car seat the day we brought her home...now she weighs a lot more!
Tomorrow, we venture out again to have lunch with Dad....I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment