Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Success and Failure



This is the story of my life.  I have been a life long people pleaser.  The good thing about getting older is that you start realizing things about yourself.  The people pleasing thing has been something that was a slow realization (I never said I was brilliant or anything), but one that I have been trying to overcome since.  I can not please everyone and have stopped trying.  At the end of the day, I need to please myself and have peace with the decisions I have made and how they effect those around me--for the good and the bad.  Life is too short to think I can please everyone, so I stopped trying.  I can honestly say, it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.  :)

1 comment:

Summer Says... said...

I'm quite a people pleaser too and have often said that I look forward to being old enough that I can say/do whatever I want and people will chalk it up to age and senility. I always thought 75-80 would be when I hit that age, but am finding that I'm getting there in my mid-30s. It's such a relief to not take responsibility for anyone else's happiness and worry only about mine (and those I care about).