Thursday, March 7, 2013

Home



While this song has been out for awhile and was THE song the embodied the 2012 London Olympics for Team USA, it is finally making its appearance on this blog.  I love this song and have from the moment I heard it on the women's gymnastics commercial. But this song has taken on a new reason for it to be one of my favorites.  You see, it is Elizabeth's favorite song.  I will never forget the first time I heard her singing along to the ohhohhhoohhh part.  It was a priceless moment and at that moment I knew she would go down the music loving track of her mother and not the can't keep a beat to save his life dad track.  While I have attempted to introduce to her a wide range of music --yes, everything from REM and Nirvana to Norah Jones and Joshua Radin--nothing really has stuck until now.  And I have to say, I like the song she has chosen to be her favorite song--for the moment anyway.  :)

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "Home"--Phillip Phillips

No comments: