Is it wrong that I want to read the books again? Is it wrong that I want to see the movie again? Well, if it is, then I am okay with being wrong...just this once though. ;)
After much prodding and taunting, I got Sean to read the book. He was reluctant as he thought it would be like another "Twilight" series. I could see his initial reluctance, but then he told me he would read the first three pages to see how that went. He looked up after page 34. Yep, it hooks you, just like that. After that, Sean pretty much read the whole book within a 24 hour period--something he has never done before. And I was and am so proud of him. I even have a quote from him, "I can't put it down." Yes, I thought the world had come to an end. But I was so proud.
The story line not my usual taste--after all a future dystopia and kids sent to kill each other, really? But then after all the raving from people I know and know my taste, I decided it was time to give it a whirl. I started reading it at the end of December and knew I would get sucked into it. So I put it down as time was not on my side. I picked it up on my first day in India and well, I finished it. Then I spent the rest of my time in India looking for the other two books in the series. I never found them. But my second day back from India, I took myself to Target and bought the last two books. Wow. To say that I devoured them is an understatement.
Read them, enjoy them, and may the odds ever be in your favor.

No comments:
Post a Comment