Thursday, November 4, 2010

Do You Remember?

I like questions that start with "do you remember....?"  Usually, there are really good memories associated with that question, because, seriously, who really brings up bad memories?  The people I love to do this most with is Sean and old friends...and I mean really old friends.  I know that most of the people who read this blog are now considered really old friends.  When that threshold was met, I am not exactly sure, but it is true. 

As some of you know, Sean and I have been in this huge de-cluttering mood as of late and he has turned me loose in our "media room" to get it cleaned up and out.  Alas, most of it is my stuff  so it should be my job to clean it out, go through the massive messes, and make it look a million times better than it should.  I should post a picture of the chaos, but quite frankly, I am too embarrassed by it to do that!  This week, upon my cleaning of said stuff, I ran across a box full of memories.  Yep, I am a pack rat of random stuff.  This stuff dated back to late high school and most of college.  As I am digging through the piles of paper (not pictures, those are in a safe place) I ran across all these amazing notes from people who are still in my life, and others who are not.  I had quite the trip down memory lane of playing do you remember and I have to say, I don't think I have smiled for so long a period of a time as I did on Monday night.  It was so nice to go back and re-read some beautiful notes from some beautiful people. 

While it was nice to take that trip down memory lane, it also made me sad too.  You see, some of those people that I re-discovered the little treasures from, I have lost touch with...or are not nearly as close as we once were.  It just makes me a little sad that we are not in each other's lives like we once were.  Time, distance, and now families have us going our separate ways, but it doesn't mean that I don't love and miss these people any less. Here's to hoping that some of those friendships get re-kindled.

When was the last time you played do you remember?

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "Do You Remember?"--Jack Johnson

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ooh! Great post! I love taking trips down memory lane and am so thankful for all of the experiences I've had - good and bad!

As far as decluttering - I'll share mine if you share yours! Seriously, that is my project this month - to clean out our front bedroom which is where everything has been stashed. I'm sure any family coming for the holidays would like a place to sleep!