Wednesday, November 3, 2010

21 Months

Today my little girl, yes, little girl turns 21 months old. How is this even remotely possible? She will be 2 in three months and I just know those months will fly by as quickly as the last 21 have. Sean and I are trying our hardest to soak up every single one of these moments as they are precious.


Here is what our little blessing is up to these days:
• Words, words, and more words.

• Actually letting me put a clip in her hair every now and then…and it staying for longer than 5 seconds.

• Elizabeth has turned into a little clepto. Not cool for Mom and Dad.

• Animals, animals, animals. She loves them. Elizabeth gets so excited with pure delight at there very being.

• She is starting to tell us when she has a dirty diaper (another post on tips coming soon as we need some serious help!)

• Elizabeth is now in 3T tops and 24 mo-2T bottoms. Yep, it happened so quickly. We have to buy the 3T tops so that they are long enough for her waist and arms. She’s a tall girl for sure.

• We are now accessorizing our outfits by carrying around little hand bags, or her Halloween pumpkin, or whatever else that she deems is acceptable as a hand bag.

• Books! A child after my own very heart, she loves books. Every night she goes through the many books she has in her basket and then takes turns going back and forth between Sean and me to read to her…and always a different book too! We don’t repeat!

• If you are sitting on the floor, Elizabeth loves to come and sit on your lap—this is how most books are read too!
  • And finally, Elizabeth loves the big kid playground and the big kid slide.....oh the heart stopping adventure that is for Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, it's crazy how fast our girls are growing!!

As always, I love to see how they're alike and how they're different. I can't believe she's in 3T tops! Livi is just barely starting to fill out her 18mo. I'm jealous Elizabeth likes books: I can't get Livi to sit still for more than a page and a half before she's bored outta her gourd.

Danielle said...

I can't believe she will be two so soon! Love the clepto comment. Looks like good progress on the diaper front too!