Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flying Emirates

I am traveling for work again. It is back to India for me, but this time we are stopping off in Dubai for the weekend. But first a little surprise. Upon boarding the plane, I was stopped by the ticket agent and they informed me that I had been upgraded….to first class! Um, yes please. We flew Emirates and it was an amazing experience—food all the time, PJs to change into, a million movies/tv/music to choose from, and space—lots of it too. When they darkened the cabin for sleep, there were these tiny lights in the ceiling simulating stars.  It was really cool and now I want them for my ceiling at home.  Somehow, I do not that that Sean will go for it though.  Ironically, I had the most space on the plane, yet barely slept over a 14 hour flight.  Boo on that, but it gave me ample time to catch up on some awesome movies. I was in heaven. It was a fantastic experience and had to take pictures of it all.  I somehow doubt this will ever happen again so it needed to be recorded for all time.  :)


Check out my awesome TV and snacks!

My own personal beverage center.

One of my remote controls--this one adjusted the seats, controlled the massage features, and helped me find all kinds of entertainment.

Fresh flowers and snacks.  Yummy.

Where all the magic happened...the best way to fly ever!
One of my little toiletries kits.

Yep, these are doors, they close so that you have absolute privacy. Talk about awesome.

3 comments:

leticia said...

wow! what an awesome treat!!

katy said...

Oh my goodness -- privacy on an airplane? Sounds amazing!

Summer Says... said...

Wow! I always thought the movies exaggerated the luxury a bit - I'm thrilled to see it's real and you were upgraded. First class friends deserve first class seats!