Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Lifetime

Do you know the say of that when it rains, it pours?  I hope you do because I think you might be living under a rock not to know it.  Life is full of ups and downs and when it rains it pours in the good and the bad too.  I do not want anyone to ever think that it just one way, as life truly is a roller coaster of highs and lows.  I think most people would like a carousel that goes round and round and never changes, but is even paced.  While it sounds nice, it is not realistic and frankly, sounds rather boring in my opinion. 

Here lately, some of the people in my life have been experiencing loss and grief for the ones they love--the ones who have shaped them into the person they are today, and who once inspired dreams and hopes in the future.  I have heard their thoughts, their grief, and their hopes for peace of those left behind to remember.  I hope they choose to remember the good, the happy, and the inspiring moments of these people as they move forward with their own lives and the still unknown adventures that life has in store for them.

"A Lifetime" by Better Than Ezra has been popping up on my Pandora here lately.  It is a song that I do not remember if it was ever released, but its words are about the loss of a friend--and a very young one at that--and it describes a last adventure and saying goodbye to a friend.  It is a song that makes me feel like a chapter in a book is closing.  Maybe for my friends that is what is happening in their lives right now too, another chapter written with a resolution.  I can not wait to find out what the next chapters will be and hope and pray that they will be happy ones.

Weekly Music Inspiration:  "A Lifetime"--Better Than Ezra

2 comments:

Summer Says... said...

I have BTE's greatest hits, but don't remember that song. I'll have to see if it's there and if not, find it on iTunes.

I'm hoping and praying for happy chapters for all of my dear friends (and selfishly, for me too). <3 you!

katy said...

I appreciate your words today. What a strange week it has been. I'm learning that when you have a "thank you" to say, or an apology to offer, or even just a hug to give, you do it then and there. There's no time to wait.