Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2. They should have just called it Harry Potter: The End. And an ending it was too. The movie was beyond all my expectations and the last frame of the movie was perfect. It truly was.
For me, this movie is like an end of and era. Maybe I should have felt that way when the last book came out, but in the back of my mind, they were still making movies and it was coming alive not only in my imagination, but also before my very eyes. On Friday, watching the last part of this epic series was like what I imagine it will feel like when Elizabeth goes to her very first day of Kindergarten. It was like watching a part of you go away, a time span of my life concluded, and yet the world still continues to spin on its axis. To be honest, there was a tear in my eye as I watched Harry, Ron, and Hermione for the last time on the big screen.
My last semester in college, the world seemed to be abuzz with people talking about these awesome kids books called Harry Potter. Everyone kept telling me I needed to read them. A kid’s book? Really? I am not prejudice against a kid’s book, it just seemed a little odd that THIS was what people were raving about. So I went to the very first Harry Potter movie with my friends Jay and Kristen and I was instantly hooked. I have never been one for sci-fi, fantasy, or the such, but I was intrigued by this story. I remembered asking my parents for the series for Christmas. After all, I was going into the big bad world with no more school books and profs taking up my free time, so I had time to read. And read them all I did--with lots of pleasure as I devoured the pages before my eyes. There was many a late night reading about this fantastical land known as Hogwarts and our troubled hero, Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione. I know that I was not the only one who did this. There are literally millions of people who discovered Harry Potter and hopefully millions more to come. This was one of these series that encouraged people to read—a book—not a magazine, the Internet, or nothing at all. The youth of this world are probably better people for learning to pick up a book and to use their imagination. And for those like my beloved who refuse to read the books, but are still a huge fan, I applaud you for having the taste to follow the happenings and follies of these timeless characters. But seriously, do yourself a favor and pick up the books. You will not be sorry.
It is with a tear and a heavy heart that I bid a sweet adieu to my beloved Harry Potter. Do not worry, I will be seeing you in Blu-Ray before you know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment