Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Down Dog


Yours truly has been spending a lot of time in down dog and other assorted yoga poses as of late. I started taking a class a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a really long time. After the first class, it was quite intense for me, but good.  I walked away with a great feeling like I had exercised and done some thing good for myself.  Then the next day, I could not really walk, but more like hobbled and abs, oh yeah, I totally have those and they hurt like hell.  But let me tell you, it never hurt so good.  :)

I like that in yoga, you can only think about what you are doing in that moment.  Quite frankly, if I let my mind drift, I will fall flat on my face.  It really is a good thing to concentrate.  I like that as I can not tell you the last time I could exclusively concentrate on one thing for any length of time.  It just does not happen in my world.  My favorite part about the class is the last 5-10 minutes of cooling off and laying still after moving, working, and concentrating.  It is just peaceful and sometimes a little sleepy too.

I'm going back tonight for a little gentle yoga for a mid-week reprieve.    Happy Wednesday!

No comments: