Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Red Carpet 2012--Academy Style

Upon my return from the my great adventure, I had my heart set on watching the Academy Award that for little bit in the planning of this trip, thought I might miss. That would have been a tragedy as we all know how much I love to get my red carpet and my version of the Super Bowl on.  So yes, I watched it...and yes, I am aware that my annual hit list is really late, but here it is in spite of the tardiness.

I love this dress from Elie Saab and almost everything about it.  Despite the fact that it has a really broad 80's style shoulder, I still liked it.  Since I despise 80's fashion, you know this really made an impression on me.



This was the look of the evening that you either loved or hated.  I loved the dress and still do not quite get the cape, but this Tom Ford wonder looked absolutely stunning on Gwynth Paltrow as every thing looks amazing on her.  There is no one that can pull off minimulistic like her.



Octavia Spencer looked amazing in her Tadashi--so flattering and the way the beading comes to a point in center has a slimming effect that you would not expect in the light color of this dress.  It was beautiful.

Ellie!  Your Armani Privie dress matches your hair...and I am jealous!


I am a sucker for red.  Yes, it is true, so when I see Emma Stone show up on the red carpet wearing this dress from Giambattista Valli that was remincent of Nicole Kidman from a few years ago, I still love it.  But then again, I love you....

Michelle Williams.  Sigh.  You were one of the ones I was rooting for in a very tough category against Meryl Streep--who so deserved to win--but so did you.  You were easily one of my favorite looks of the eveningin a dress by Louis Vuitton.  Note, I said look.  Dress style, little detailed accessories, hair, make-up, the whole kit and caboodle. Thank you for putting the glam in glamourous.


And for my favorite dress of the evening....Ms. Stacy Keibler in Marchesa.  Does it get any better than this?  Gold, floral, and detailed like no other.  This dress was to die for and the way she wore it was nothing short of amazing in every way possible...not to mention who she wore on her arm that night!



No comments: